Call for volunteers WHITE NIGHT!
We're on the look out for volunteers who would like to gain work experience at White Night, Saturday March 12, 2016!
Originating from the Parisian Nuit Blanche, White Night is set to take over Auckland from 6pm to midnight with free exhibitions, public performances, interactive installations, music, artist talks, workshops and more. This will be a valuable opportunity for anybody who is passionate about the arts. As a White Night volunteer you will work alongside like-minded individuals and play an integral part in making this energetic public art event memorable for everybody involved.
We need enthusiastic volunteers who will be the first point of contact for White Night. As volunteers you will provide support to artists and participants throughout the day, and engage with the public from 6pm – midnight, helping them to experience the vibrant range of events available across Auckland.
In return we will provide free lunch and/or dinner, a free Arts Festival T-shirt to keep, and an unforgettable experience. Plus, after the event, you will receive a letter to add to your CV, confirming you were a valued volunteer for the event.
Tasks you may be required to do:
- Talk to and engage the public about White Night on the street and/or buses
- Assist with interactive arts activities inside and outside White Night venues
- Hand out White Night balloons and flyers to the public
- Interview White Night visitors and collect their feedback
- Direct visitors to venues, bus stops and anything else they may be searching for
- Help create a live feed of White Night events through social media
- Visit participating venues and make sure everything is running smoothly
- Visit participating venues and create bunches of balloons to be hung outside
- Be the eyes and ears of White Night, keeping in touch with the White Night Coordinator
To be a White Night volunteer you must:
- have a functioning mobile phone (with credit!)
- attend a White Night volunteer briefing on Wednesday February 24 at 6.30pm
- be available for a shift either during the day and/or the evening of White Night
- be confident communicating with a diverse range of people, including children
Note: Being a White Night volunteer is physical – you will need to be on your feet most of the day and night. For more information on White Night visit last Festival's White Night website here: http://whitenight.aaf.co.nz/
We are also looking for volunteers to assist with Auckland Arts Festival’s Family Day on Sunday March 13, 2016 from 10.00am to 4.00pm (following White Night). This event is at The New Zealand Herald Festival Garden, Aotea Square, hub of the Festival.
To express your interest, please complete the Volunteer Questionnaire below by Monday December 14, 2015 and send to:
Daphne Simons, Artists Alliance – Volunteer Programme Intern.
Email: [email protected]